Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day and Weekend Activities

Today, as you might gather from the title, I had a snow day. I spent most of the day inside my house drinking warm things and reading, but then I had to go out and shovel. Boy, was that fun, I fell about 10 times and I'm 90% sure I have a bruise the size of a plate on my thigh. These bruises are even worse than the ones I developed ice skating with my friends on Sunday. Oh Winter, you're so fun to injure myself in.

Something else that happened this weekend was my mom thought it would be a good idea to loose the keys to our car when we all headed down for some Starbucks. After vetoing my idea of hot wiring the car, I was deposited at the library until my mom could come back and get me with the car. Some good came out of this unfortunate incident, however. I got books! Oh, how I love books. Right now I'm almost finished with The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, which was/is amazing and hilarious, I practically feel in love with the main character in this novel, she's a riot. Some other books I got when I was there were: Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace, Into The Wild, and The Bell Jar. All of which I am very excited to read.

When I was at the library, I was wandering in the Children' Section (which is a lot less creepy than it sounds) and I stumbled upon something magical. That something magical is the Redwall series by Brian Jacques. When I was in elementary school, these were my absolute favorite books in the world, I read all of them. So, naturally, I had to check at least five of them out and got the weirdest look ever from the librarian helping me. I plan to dive into those after I finish the other stack of books I checked out while there.

No comments:

Post a Comment