Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I've Tendencies I Can't Seem to Outgrow

Ahhh I'm having a minor meltdown. Like I mentioned in my last post I'm supposed to write a speech, oh but wait I'm not done yet. Not only do we have to write a speech, we have to write a GOOD speech, type it, know it somewhat well, and recite it in front of the class. I'm going to pee my pants and then die. First of all the speech I wrote sucks, I don't know it, and it's not typed. All my fault, although I think YouTube should share some of the blame. I mean I might have written something half decent if I hadn't watched millions of videos as a form of procrastination.

Some good came out of this unfortunate event though, besides the hilarity that will ensue when I stand up at that haunting podium and have nothing to say to my classmates. Maybe I should stand there, shrug my shoulders and say "I'm sorry but I'm no wiser than you are, I don't have any more of an idea about what I'm doing here than you do." I wonder if I would get extra points for being honest. Doubtful. What was I saying? Oh right, good news coming out of my own procrastination. So while on YouTube in an attempt to avoid the task of speech writing and giving, I stumbled across a great musician by the name of Lauren 'O Connel. (LIES I knew about her before). She's one of Julia Nune's friends, and she was in a few videos. I like her lots, she's super talented. Go check out her channel here if you feel so inclined. The title of my blog is one of her song lyrics, but I don't remember which song.

I had a Spanish test today, the reading comprehension was kind of hard, but I think I did okay on it. *Crosses fingers*

No comments:

Post a Comment