Monday, May 4, 2009

Sloppy Firsts

First and foremost, I had a shitty day today and I came home and found a video from Tyler Oakley in my subscriptions box. This made my heart beat faster and my foot jiggle and I sort of jumped up and down because it made me happy. I left a comment telling him he made my day suck less and he responded to it and said "I'm glad :]"

How cute is that?! I love him to pieces. But yeah it's getting too close to summer, I hate school, I don't fit in at all. Only 28 more days! Not to mention I have to prepare a speech for Enligh class based on THIS goddam prompt: "Give your fellow students a piece of advice or words of wisdom."

GIVE MY FELLOW STUDENTS A PIECE OF ADVICE?! If I said what I would like to say to my peers I woul most likely offend several of you. How about I say this to my peers:

1. Stop judging people, you're no better than they are. You aren't compassionate or empathetic at all and you're going to have no friends in your later life.

2. Stop saying offensive things. The words "gay, retard, and faggot" are a thousand times more offensive than me saying fuck ten times in each of my classes. But society doesn't work like that. I would get detention for saying fuck ten times in each of my classes but the kids I go to school with say "gay retard and faggot" at least twice in each class and don't even get told off. This is what is wrong with the world.

3. Shut your mouth about other people, we live in a small town and you think they won't find out you're gossiping about them? Really? How stupid ARE you?

I usually don't talk about how unhappy I am about my school situation on the internet because it sounds petty but I needed to vent. Feel free to not read all that, it's boring, and I am very aware of that fact.

Anywaay on to happier things. I stole my sister's book from her after she was done with it, it's called Sloppy Firsts and I like it a lot so far. I'm going to go read it right after I'm done with my blogging. It's about a girl who is smart and witty and doesn't fit in with anyone at her school except her best friend. Who then moves away, leaving her with people she doesn't know how to connect with, and doesn't want to. This is the exact situation I would be in if either of my best friends left me, only I'm not smart, funny, or witty. It's written in a way that makes me jealous because it's obvious the author is one of those people. Those people who are naturally good at writing, who can sit down and spit out a novel like it's the easiest thing in the world. I think this is the equivalent of having the ability to poop gold. I would prefer to be naturally good at writing personally. Or naturally good at anything now that I think about it. Art, music, writing, SOMETHING.

I have to go write a stupid speech like I'm the wisest person in the world now. Who am I to give these kids advice? It's not like they'll bother listening and even if they do they won't take the advice anyway. How am I supposed to shove a huge elephant of information into their tiny sheltered brains? I have declared this assignment impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment